The iHeartSummer ’17 Weekend by AT&T hosted today’s top artists on Friday and Saturday at the legendary Fontainebleau Miami Beach. The weekend long event celebrated all things summer and included performances by DJ Khaled, Halsey, Miley Cyrus, Backstreet Boys, Fifth Harmony, Noah Cyrus, Tinashe and Luis Fonsi. Hosted by DJ Khaled, Nick Cannon and Emily Sears, the event included special guest appearances by Los 5, Jake Miller, Jorge Blanco, Ashley Iaconetti, Chase McNary and more.
The jam-packed weekend featured a variety of beach games, events and activities including an All-Star celebrity beach volleyball tournament hosted by Nick Cannon and Rich Eisen with special correspondent, Rocsi Diaz. The tournament featured a star-studded roster of team captains including Backstreet Boys, Kel Mitchell, Kat Graham and Katrina Bowden as well as players from the National Volleyball League. The event continued to heat up throughout the weekend with an all-day pool party on Saturday featuring sets by iHeartRadio’s house DJs, including DJ Prostyle, DJ Obscene and DJ Whutever.
The music of the iHeartRadio app came to life with an extraordinary lineup and these special moments:
- Luis Fonsi lit up the weekend with a performance of his #1 hit “Despacito” poolside surrounded by fans on floaties singing in unison.
- Following Fonsi’s performance, Tinashe heated up Miami with a performance of her new single, “Flame”.
- Fifth Harmony brought the house “Down” with a dance filled show as they performed their brand new single and previous hit songs, “Worth It”, “That’s My Girl” and “All In My Head (Flex)”.
- DJ Khaled crushed his own #ToTheMaxChallenge with his best dance move and brought the energy “All The Way Up” as he performed hits “I’m The One”, “All I Do Is Win,” “Shining” and more.
- Miley Cyrus took the stage to perform her summer single’s “Malibu” and “Inspired” before surprising the crowd with her party anthem, “We Can’t Stop”. In between her set, Cyrus and her sister Noah showered the crowd with water guns. Earlier in the day, the pop star hosted a Vegan BBQ with Los 5 and made one fan’s dream come true by sharing her vegan sausage with the attendee from her mouth.
- From one Cyrus to another, Noah took the stage during the iHeartSummer ’17 Weekend by AT&T after her older sister to perform a five-song set which included “Stay Together”, “I’m Stuck” and “Make Me (Cry).” During “I’m Stuck”, Noah brought out her sister Miley as they danced together while Noah sang. In addition to her own songs, Noah also surprised fans with a cover of The Weeknd’s “I Feel It Coming”.
- Halsey electrified the iHeartSummer ’17 crowd when she surprised fans with an appearance from Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui to perform “Strangers”. The six song set included several other hits from her new album including “Bad at Love”, “Eyes Closed” and “Now Or Never” as well as “Castle” and “Colors” from her debut album.
- Backstreet Boys concluded the weekend-long event with a “Larger Than Life” performance of their biggest hits, “I Want It That Way”, “As Long As You Love Me” and “Everybody” as a crowd of extremely excited fans sang along. Earlier in the day, Team Backstreet Boys won the Celebrity Beach Volleyball Tournament which included the likes of Kat Graham, Kel Mitchell, Katrina Bowden, and professional volleyball players.
- iHeartSummer ’17 Weekend by AT&T breaks a Guiness World Record for the largest Inflatable Floatie – Sally The Swan. She measures 51 feet x 71 feet.