Emilia Clarke, “Game of Thrones” star says she’s done with the Terminator franchise.
Although 2015’s “Terminator Genisys” receiving poor reviews and doing not-so-well at the box office — with its domestic gross topping out at $89.7 million. There are still plans to move ahead with a sixth film in the time traveling cyborg franchise. But one of the last film’s stars is definitely not coming back.
When the star was asked by Comingsoon.net if she would be reprising her role as Sarah Connor, Emilia Clarke had a very straightforward answer. “No,” she said. “Can I say that? It’s OK. No. Uh-uh. But I have some very difficult roles coming up.”
Last month, series star Arnold Schwarzenegger said he is “looking forward to” taking part in the sixth installment. The film was originally set for a March 2017 release date but now it’s unclear if those plans are still set.
Clarke certainly has plenty of other projects to keep her occupied in the meantime.
In June, Clarke stars in the romantic drama “Me Before You,” alongside “Hunger Games” star Sam Claflin. The film is an adaption of the Jojo Moyes novel of the same name. “I read the book and it was just the most beautiful thing I have ever read,” Clarke told ComingSoon about the upcoming film.
“I was shooting Terminator at the time and had a rocket launcher in my hand while crying like a little girl. I felt like the author, Jojo Moyers, had found a part of me and just wrote it down. I knew that I just had to play the role,” She continued.
Clarke will also be reprising her role as Daenerys Targareyn in HBO’s “Game of Thrones.” Variety interviews Clarke about the new season coming out Sunday April 24th described the show’s upcoming sixth season as “the biggest, baddest yet.”