15 Nov A Guide to Nailing Online Dating One Liners! | Scoop Sorority
Dating can be difficult, especially when you’re trying to find love on an app. It doesn’t have to be though! After endless scrolling, it can be daunting to think of fun ways to start a conversation. However, with a good opening line up your sleeve, you can be sure to get a response!
Apps like Bumble give women the opportunity to be the first to reach out! So with the power to make the first move, it’s time to brush up on the art of online dating one liners. Here are some tips if you’re having a hard time thinking of an opening line!
Try Asking a Question
Good questions should have simple answers that make someone want to reply. Try opening with one of these fun questions!
- What are your special skills?
- Do you sleep with or without socks?
- What is the best compliment that you’ve ever received
- On a scale of 1-10 how spontaneous are you?
- Do you think hot dogs are sandwiches?
- What’s one of your goals for 2021?
- What are your top 3 most used apps on your phone?
- Where do you stand on the pineapple on pizza debate?
Don’t Ask Rhetorical Questions
Rhetorical questions can be something like “why are you so cute?” These questions may be fun, but there are no clear answers, so they might not get a response.
Individualize Your Openers
This can be tough when some men can’t write a bio to save their lives. If they do have a bio though, take a look at it and form your questions around what they say!
- Where was this photo taken?
- I love your taste in music! What was the best concert that you’ve ever been to?
- Your eyes are beautiful *heart eye emoji*.
- If their bio made you laugh, let them know. Be specific about what was funny.
- What kind of dog do you have? (This can be serious or maybe funny if you can clearly see that it is a chihuahua).
Steer Clear of “Hey” or “Hey what’s up?”
I know that these are the easiest to think of, but it is better to start with something that sets you apart. Using a more unique opener will intrigue your match to engage in the conversation!
If you are serious about dating, you can be upfront about it and own it. One of these questions can be used as a fun way to let them know that you are interested in getting to know them beyond the app!
- I’m so glad we matched, what are you up to this weekend?
- Do you like raisins? What about a date?
Send a GIF
If all else fails, try sending a GIF to break the ice. Sending GIFs has been proven to be the most effective way to get a reply. Who knew?
Own the Online Dating Scene!
Online dating can be tricky but always remember that you are nothing short of “swipe right” material! Have confidence, be bold and own the online dating scene with your new found one liner tips and tricks!
What are some openers that you use on dating apps? Drop a comment below and let us know your best line!
Be sure to check out our latest article on tips and tricks for eliminating “maskne!”