David Dobrik Faces Major Backlash After ‘Vlog Squad’ Sexual Assault Allegations

YouTube star David Dobrik has been receiving major backlash following a slew of sexual assault allegations from former members of his weekly vlogging crew, the Vlog Squad.

DAVID DOBRIK

The Allegations

Recently, some of Dobrik’s previous colleagues have spoken up against the 24-year-old.  He has been pinned as a bully, and an enabler sexual misconduct. 

 Amongst the first to step up was Seth Francois, a brief member of the Vlog Squad. Francois claimed that a now-deleted vlog titled, “HE THOUGHT HE WAS KISSING HER!! (SUPER CRINGEY),” was orchestrated by Dobrik to ridicule Francois.

Forancois was forced into a situation where he was being kissed by 47-year-old comedian Jason Nash as opposed to YouTuber Corinna Kopf, whom he consented to kissing.

“I was touched by someone I did not consent to.” stated Francois. He has since left the Vlog Squad.

Nash’s ex-girlfriend and ex-Vlog Squad member, Trisha Paytas, also criticized Dobrik for crossing boundaries for click-bait content.

“There was no consent given. Because I was dating Jason, because I was a participant in the vlogs — that’s my consent?” she expressed in a recent podcast, speaking of Dobrik’s “I SNUCK INTO THEIR HOTEL ROOM (SURPRISE).”

The video  features footage of her having sex Nash. Paytas was unaware that Dobrik was hiding in the room, filming her naked.

Bombshell

On March 16, Business Insider released the news that a woman claimed she was sexually assaulted by Vlog Squad member, “Durte” Dom Zeglaitis.

The woman claims multiple members of the Vlog Squad, including Dobrik, were at the house the night and saw her blackout drunk. Other witnesses have come forward vouching for this story.

The woman was filmed entering the room, and the clip was reportedly uploaded to YouTube. It was later taken down at the victim’s request. 

david dobrik

First Apology

With allegations against him quickly piling up, he released an apology video last week.

Titled “Let’s Talk,” the two and half minute long video features a direct apology to Francois, as well as a clarification that to him “consent is super important.”

“I’m sorry if I have let you down. Things like that won’t happen again. I have learnt from my mistakes,” the YouTuber explained.

david dobrik

The Aftermath

However, the apology was not well-received by followers, who noticed that comments on the video had been disabled .

“I literally used to like David Dobrik but everything he does now feels so fake and manipulative,” tweeted one fan. Another claimed that, “David Dobrik has officially won the award for the worst apology video yet.”

Dobrik lost over 100, 000 followers in the first 24 hours after the video went live.

 Dobrik announced on Monday that he would be stepping down from the board of his new photo-sharing app Dispo. This came shortly after  Spark Capital’s announcement that they “have made the decision to sever all ties” with Dobrik and his company. 

Dobrik has since lost major sponsorships like Honey, EA Sports, HBO Max and Seatgeek to name a few.

Dobrik posted a second apology video to his main channel, where he addressed the sexual assault allegation against Zegalatis. He says he has not associated himself with Zegalatis since 2019.

In the apology, Dobrik says he “fully believes” the woman, and should have never posted the video. 

David admitted to creating an “unfair power dynamic” and is now taking some time away from the spotlight. 

What are your thoughts on this David’s response? Drop a comment below and let us know!

Be sure to check our latest article on Demi Lovato gets candid about her 2018 overdose.

No Comments

Post A Comment

EntScoop