15 Jun Dinner Is Served: BBQ Cauliflower Wings
I am a big fan of wings and I’m a big fan of trying out new, interesting recipes so this was a really cool find. One of my close friends has been vegan for a few years and whenever we go out we would find some vegan food to eat. On one of our hangouts we ended up at a restaurant that served vegan cauliflower wings and they were so good I wanted to be able to make them at home. So here’s the recipe so that you can try them too!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of all purpose flower
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 of pepper
- 1 tbsp. of vegan butter
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lather it with oil. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut and wash the cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Mix the water, almond milk, flower, and all the other spices, except the hot sauce and butter, into a bowl and mix until the mixture is thick.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter. Before you place the cauliflower on the baking sheet be sure to shake off the excess batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cauliflower wings turn golden brown.
- While the wings are baking, prepare a pan in low heat, melt the butter and mix in the sauce. Remove it from the heat when the mixture starts to melt. Set it aside and stir.
- Once the cauliflower is baked the first time put them in a bowl with the sauce mixture and toss them together. Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet and bake again for another 10-15 minutes. Serve with any dipping sauce you want and enjoy!