18 Jul Dinner Is Served: Breakfast Burrito
On this episode of Dinner Is Served, we will actually be making some breakfast. I know you have all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but it also has some of the best food. Bacon is the reason I wake up in the morning. Breakfast for dinner. It is not an original concept but I often forget about it. So today we are going to be making a breakfast burrito!
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup pf drained, canned black beans
- 1/4 teaspoons of chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of grated pepper jack cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 10 inch tortillas
- 1/4 cup of salsa
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Hot sauce
- Heat the canola oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until the peppers are slightly charred. Add the black beans and hot chili flakes for about three more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and move it to another dish when ready.
- Whisk the eggs and stir in the cheese. Spray the same skillet with non-stick cooking spray and reheat with medium heat. Lower the heat and add in the eggs. Scramble them until they are cooked through, which will take about 3 minutes.
- Heat your tortilla and add 1 tablespoon of sour cream and salsa to it. Then, layer it with 1/4 of the black bean mixture and 1/4 of the scrambled eggs. Add some of the diced tomatoes and avocado cubes. You can season it with as much hot sauce as you like. Roll the burrito up and serve!