14 Jul Dinner Is Served: Chicken Kebabs
On this episode of Dinner Is Served we will be learning how to make some delicious chicken kebabs. Kebabs of any kind seem like a pretty easy dish so I thought it would be perfect for us to try to make it together! It is also pretty hard, or at least I think, to fuck up chicken, you know? It is also a really healthy food to eat especially with the veggies we are going to be adding. So let’s get started!
- 1 1/2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 pieces.
- 1 lemon
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of flat leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 red onion
- Bell pepper, cut into 1 in. chunks
- 8 oz. of fresh pineapple, cut into 1 in. chunks
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1 1/2 in. chunks
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Place the chicken in a large bowl and grate lemon zest over the chicken. Add the scallions, parsley, 2 tbsp. of oil, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoons of pepper. Toss to combine. Squeeze the lemon juice on top and toss again.
- Pick a combination of veggies and in a separate bowl add the veggies and add the remaining amount of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoons of salt and pepper.
- Thread chicken and veggies in skewers however you like. Grill and be sure to turn occasionally until the chicken is just cooked through which is about 8 to 10 minutes.