28 Dec Dinner Is Served: Loaded Veggie Quesadillas
Welcome back to “Dinner Is Served!” Start your week off with a dinner idea that is low maintenance but high quality. This week we are gonna be making veggie quesadillas. This classic dish packs in a lot of flavor and nutrients, So grab your apron and let’s dive right in!
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2-3 cups of chopped red bell pepper, red onion and corn
- 1 can of black beans
- ½ tsp of chili powder
- 4 flour tortillas
- 3 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium to high heat.
- Add your chopped vegetables into the pan for five minutes.
- Add the can of black beans, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Sauté these ingredients for three minutes.
- Transfer your sauté pan contents into a medium size bowl and set aside.
- In your same sauté pan place your tortilla in the pan and sprinkle Mexican blend cheese.
- Place a few spoonfuls of your veggie bean mixture on top of your tortilla and fold your tortilla in half covering the contents.
- Let your tortilla cook until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat this process for all four tortillas and plate with chopped cilantro on top.