27 Aug Dinner Is Served: Moo Shu Lettuce Cups
Today on Dinner Is Served we will be learning how to make these delicious Moo Shu lettuce cups. I’ve tried something similar to this before and it was so delicious. I’ve always loved eating lettuce with my food because I enjoy the crunch it adds. So, if you are like me and enjoy some crunch in your food you might enjoy this!
- 1/4 cups of apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 a teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1/2 a cup of chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 cup of fresh mushroom, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/2 a cup of sweet red pepper, chopped
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Sliced green onions
- Mix the apricot preserves, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and crushed pepper flakes. Combine in a large skillet, cook and crumble the beef with onion, garlic and ginger over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cook, covered, on low until the the vegetables are tender, which is about 3-4 hours. Serve in lettuce leaves and sprinkle with some green onions!
We hope you enjoy!
Check out our last Dinner Is Served article where we learn how to make 3 homemade popsicles!