12 Aug Dinner Is Served: Popcorn Shrimp Tacos
On this episode of Dinner Is Served we will be making some delicious popcorn Shrimp tacos. I am not the most avid fish lover but when I saw this I immediately wanted to try it. I’ve never seen anything like it and I thought it would be really interesting to try!
So let’s get started!
- 2 cups of coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup of minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 pound of uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas, warm
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, cilantro, lime juice, honey, salt and jalapeños and toss. Set it aside.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Place flour in a separate bowl. In a third bowl mix together the panko bread crumbs, cumin and garlic powder. Dip the shrimp in flour to coat both sides and shake off the excess. Dip it into the egg mixture, then in the panko mixture.
- In batches place some shrimp into the greased air-fryer. Spray with cooking spray. Cook until the shrimp is golden brown (so about 2-3 minutes). Turn the shrimp and repeat the process.
- Serve the shrimp in tortillas with the coleslaw and the avocado.
Check out our last Dinner is Served where we make some Strawberry Shortcake!