Dinner Is Served: Thai Summer Rolls
This has got to be one of the easiest meals I have ever made. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and they are so good. I’ve always seen pictures of summer rolls and wanted to try them because they look so cool and delicious but I never imagined that they would literally be so easy to make. They don’t require many ingredients and all you have to do is prep and assemble! Plus, if you’re a fan of eating green and healthy it is an excellent option. Enjoy!
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- Rainbow chard
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- A handful of fresh mint
- A handful of cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Crushed peanuts as a topping
- Slice the cucumber, pepper and carrots into thin strips about 3 inches long. Slice the avocado into pieces.
- Soak one rice paper wrapper at a time into a bowl of warm water for 30 seconds. When the wrapper begins to feel more elastic, remove it from the water and set it on a damp towel. Pat it try and dry your hands as well.
- Arrange the vegetables and herbs at the center of the wrap. Start with the rainbow chard and end with the avocado. Fold the left and right sides of the wrap inward, fold over the top half and roll. Work carefully because the wrap is sticky.
- Optional: Cut the wraps in half and sprinkle the crushed peanuts over them.