03 Aug Dinner Is Served: Tomato-Basil Linguine
On today’s episode of Dinner Is Served, we will be making some delicious tomato basil linguine. If you are worried about the carbs, I suggest making them on one of your cheat days. You definitely deserve it! Pasta has always held a special place in my heart and I wouldn’t be the woman I am today without it. This recipe does call for pine nuts. So if you have allergies, avoid that ingredient.
Let’s get to making it.
- 1 cup of roasted tomatoes
- 4 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces of linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups of arugula
- 3 ounces of fresh mozzarella, torn
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sliced lemons on the baking sheet. Drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast it for about 15-20 minutes. Mince the lemons and set them aside.
- Next, in a medium cold pot combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Prepare the pasta. Then, reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Transfer the cooked pasta into the pot along with the 1/4 cup of pasta water. Afterwards, add the arugula and toss. Add heat if you feel it is necessary to warm the pasta through. Then, add the thyme, tomatoes, lemons, and toss it up again. Top with the mozzarella , pine nuts and basil. Lastly, toss gently and season to taste.
Check out our last Dinner Is Served article!