07 Jun Dinner Is Served
On this episode of “You’re gonna feel stupid once you find out how easy this is to make” pizza is what’s on the menu. I don’t know why I’ve lived my whole life thinking that pizza was so difficult to make but it’s actually super simple. I made pizza for the first time this past week and I don’t understand why I thought this dish was so intimidating. It’s a pretty amateur dish and it’s fun to customize.
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups pf warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 3 3/4 cups pf bread flour
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (disregard this ingredients if you’re cooking with a wood-fired pizza oven)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
For the pizza:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced, raw mushrooms (optional)
- Thinly sliced bell peppers (optional)
- Thinly sliced pepperoni (optional)
- Cooked and crumbled sausage (optional)
- Chopped fresh basil
- Thinly sliced onions (optional)
- First you’re going to want to proof the yeast. Do that by placing warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkle the yeast in the water and let it sit for 5 minutes until it dissolves. If the yeast isn’t fully dissolved, stir it up and the yeast should begin to foam. (If you are using “instant yeast” you can go ahead and skip this step)
- Add in the flour, salt, sugar snd olive oil and stir it up. Once it becomes doughier, knead by hand. The dough should be a little sticky but if too wet sprinkle in some flour.
- Add a thin layer of olive oil inside another bowl. Place the dough inside and turn it around so that it is coated in the oil. For a quick fermentation let the dough sit for 1 1/2 hours in a warm place. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls and separate them into their own bowls. Let them sit for 15 minutes.
- Prep your toppings.
- Flatten the dough and stretch it out into a round shape. If the dough rips while stretching, place the it on a floured surface and push the it back together until it is sealed again. Once you’re happy with your dough’s shape press down on it with your fingertips to prevent bubbling. Next, brush some olive oil over it.
- Add your tomato sauce, cheese and other optional toppings!
- Bake the pizza for about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!