23 Jul How To Make a Homemade Cookie Cake in Just an Hour
If you have an eye for cooking and want to sweeten up your summer, try making a delicious homemade cookie cake. Not only will this hit your sweet spot, it doesn’t require Martha Stewart level baking skills! And, it only takes about an hour!
Whether it’s a holiday, birthday or a day that didn’t go your way, there is nothing a piece of cake can’t solve.
Without further ado, let’s get baking!
- 2 sticks of butter
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ½ cup of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Start by placing a large saucepan or skillet onto the stove and melt two sticks of butter on medium heat.
- Next, add ⅓ cup of sugar and 1 cup of brown sugar to the melted butter. Proceed to whisk all three ingredients together.
- After that, place your saucepan or skillet into the fridge for 25 minutes. The butter and sugars should solidify.
- Then, once solidified, place your pan back onto the stove but this time, keep the burner turned off! Add 1 egg and 1 egg yolk to the mixture.
- Mix 2 ½ cups of flour, 1 tsp. of baking soda and 1 tsp. of salt in a separate bowl.
- Then, slowly add the powdery mix to the saucepan. It should start to resemble cookie dough.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips or more, depending on how you’re feeling, to the heaping dough pile.
- Pat and flatten the cookie dough mixture down to fit the edges of the pan.
- Now, it should look like one giant cookie! Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Feel free to have fun and jazz up the cake, especially if it’s someone’s birthday. Pair it with ice cream and let your taste buds jump for joy!
Will you be trying out this homemade cookie cake recipe? Drop a comment below and let us know!
Be sure to check out our latest article on this summer’s hottest resort wear trends.