Quarantine Burn Routine
No gym, no weights, no problem. If you are an avid gym goer and this recent lockdown has you going nuts like me, then here’s a workout that will surely keep you in shape until the gyms are back open. First off let’s get an equipment check, because if you’re this worried about gyms being closed, you hopefully have a few things at home. Push-up bars/perfect push-ups, pull-up bar set up in one of your doorways, and some kind of resistant bands. If you don’t have these essential pieces of equipment, you can still get a great workout, but for the sake of this article I will describe a plan using previously mentioned equipment. This will be a full body workout and for best result you should warm-up with at least 30 minutes low intensity of cardio vascular activity (jog, bike, etc.). Also, limit the amount of time you rest between sets and work outs for maximum results and adjust reps to your fitness level.
- 5 sets of 20 push-ups on the push-up bars/perfect push-ups.
- 5 sets of 10 dips on the push-up/perfect push-ups.
- Resistant band burn out for chest (as if using cables at the gym). Do all workouts for 3 sets without resting. Decline flies x20, chest press x20, chest flies x20, and military press x20.
- 3 sets of 10 pull-ups wide and over grip.
- 3 sets of 10 pull-ups close and reverse grip.
- Resistant band burn out for back (as if using cables at the gym). Do all workouts for 3 sets without resting. Reverse flies x20, Lat extensions x20. Rows x20 and squatted Lat pull-downs x20.
- 5 sets of 20 deep, body weight squats.
- 3 sets of 40 calf raises.
- 5 sets of 20 resistant band hip thrust with 10 second holds on the last rep.
- 3 sets of 20 jump squats.
- 3 sets of 20 scissor lunges
- 5 sets of 10 lunges on each leg.
- 5 sets of 20 step up, knee ups on each leg.
- 3 sets of 1 min plank holds.
- 3 Sets of 1 min side plank holds on each side.
- Abdominal Burnout. Five workouts back to back for 20 reps and 3 sets. Crunches x20, Leg Crossed side Crunches ( elbow to opposite knee) x20 each side, upper ab crunch variant (cross your hands behind you head on your upper back, cross your legs “Indian style” as you lay back) x20, and leg lifts x20
- Pull-up bar hanging leg lifts 3 sets x10.
- Push-up planks alternating knees to chest 3 sets of 1 min
- If you have an ab roller, finish up with 3 sets x20.